In addition to Continuing Education, we are also available to speak on various topics to non-tax professionals that individuals in certain sectors may find interesting or may be of interest to civic groups. Seminars are designed to be interactive, applicable, and highly customized to the needs of attendees.
Whether it’s a presentation on relief options available to survivors of domestic violence made to advocates, or a presentation on private debt collection for social workers followed by questions about how the IRS really works, how to respond to an audit, or even if those commercials are true. We aim to ensure people receive quality information to improve their professional work or become a more informed citizen.
Here are examples of topics we’ve spoken on in the past:
- Private Debt Collectors and IRS Debt: A Most Serious Problem
- Passport Levies: What You Need to Know
- IRS Settlements: Myth vs. Reality
- The Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- What to do When the IRS Comes Knocking
- How to Spot an IRS Scam.
- How to Respond to an IRS Notice
- How Tax Issues Affect Your Credit.
- What to Do if a Tax Lien is Filed Against You.
- Recovering from Financial Abuse
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Recovering from Identity Theft
- Restoring Your Good Name with the IRS.
Past & Future Speaking Engagements
- Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
- Gryphon Continuing Education
- Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence Now