IRS Approved Continuing Education
We offer IRS approved continuing education suitable for Enrolled Agents and Unregistered Return Preparers. We also offer self-study hours for CPAs and Attorneys. Topics areas are focused on practice before the Internal Revenue Service, the Maine Revenue Services, and other administrative taxing agencies.
Our CE primarily focuses on post-assessment collection disputes and balance management techniques. Some examples of currently available continuing education classes topics include:
- First Time Penalty Abatement Primer: Practice and Pitfalls
- Reasonable Cause Penalty Abatement Primer: Practice and Pitfalls
- Collection Due Process: Protecting Taxpayer Property
- Collection Statute Expiration Dates: A Primer and Tactical Considerations
- Refund Statute Expiration Dates: A Primer and Tactical Consideration
- Innocent vs. Injured Spouse Relief: A Primer and Overview
- Private Debt Collectors: A Most Serious Problem
- Passport Levies: A Most Serious Problem
- Wage Garnishments: Removal and Multistate Issues
- Offers In Compromise: Doubt as to Liability and Doubt as to Collectability
- Installment Agreements: An Overview and Tactical Considerations
- Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy
- Reading IRS Transcripts
Continuing Education is available through online delivery systems. We also offer in-person courses at individual firms and conferences, which has been particularly well-received. It is something we are constantly striving to improve.
Content is delivered usually over an extended lunch to participants. It is designed to expose employees to collections and representation work. So, they know the opportunities, issues, and liabilities surrounding aspects of this practice area.